Saturday 10 January 2015

Je suis Charlie - Very sad week...



This week was like a horror movie.
I usually never check Internet when I am in my office
I heard about Charlie Hebdo attack at work, late in the afternoon. My heart sank. For a second, I felt I had lost something. I had to let go of this feeling as I was with my team.
I am not a reader of this magazine, but I have heard about the journalists and their way to express their ideas. I don’t always agree with them.
Back home, I saw the images on TV.
And it went on sadly for 3 more days, with more dead. News on radio and TV were the same.

As I write these lines, I reflect on that feeling of loss I had when I heard about the attack for the first time.
It is like something was lost. I can’t pinpoint it. Maybe a sense of security. That lighter days are gone… I don’t know…

Can we say these attacks are all over? People around me fear it may only be a beginning.
Living nearby Paris, I can feel the tension. Our everyday life is not the same.
But still we don’t want our fears to guide us.
There are people gathering and marches every day.
That is our way non violent way to stand.

Let us respect our differences. 
This is our wealth.

Lakshmi

No comments:

Post a Comment